What is a Tag Group and how do you use it?
When tags are used for the purposes of tracking a customer journey or status, or where multiple tags service an overarching subject, tag groups can be used to categorize them as a way to keep everything clean and well managed.
In addition, when tags sit together in a group, we have the option of enabling the “unique tag limit” feature.
This feature restricts our customers from having more than one of these tags attached to them.
In the case of a “booking journey” tag group, this could consist of “booked”, “cancelled”, “collected”, and “completed” tags. We’d then enable the “unique tag limit” to ensure customers are only tagged as one of these at a time, meaning if a user with a tag "collected" got tagged as "completed" later on, the "collected" tag would be removed. Cool, huh?
You won’t need to use tag groups often, but they’re a handy tool for more advanced customer tracking.
Adding a Tag Group
So you’ve now got an awesome use case for tag groups in mind, here’s where you can find them and how you add them:
- Go to People.
- Click Tags in the secondary navigation bar.
- Click the Browse Tag Groups button. This is where you’ll find your list of tag groups.
- To add a tag group, click Add Tag Group.
- Give it a suitable name, pick a fancy color and then give it a description.
- Enable or Disable unique tag limit (scroll up for an example of how to use it).
- And finally, save your tag group.
Now when you create new tags, or edit your existing tags, you have the option to add them to your tag group.