How do I connect Twilio to Bento?
Connecting Twilio/WhatsApp to Bento gives you the power of allowing your users to SMS you directly. It also enables the SMS automation in Bento.
Step 1. Click on "Add Inbox" button from Settings > Inboxes page.
Step 2. Click on "Twilio" icon.
Step 3. Configure the inbox.
- Channel Name: This is the name inbox, this will be used across the application. | N/A
- Channel Type: Select SMS, if you are integrating an SMS channel. Select Whatsapp, if you have a verified Whatsapp number in Twilio. | N/A
- Phone Number: This is the number you will be using to communicate with your customer. This has to be verified in Twilio. | Enter your number as in the Twilio Dashboard
- Account SID: Account SID in Twilio Console | Login to Twilio Console. Here, you would be able to see the Account SID and the Auth Token
- Auth Token: Auth token for the account | Login to the Twilio Console. Here, you would be able to see the Account SID and the Auth Token
Step 4. "Add agents" to your inbox.
Step 6. Hooray! You have successfully created a whatsapp/sms inbox.
If it is an SMS Channel, then you don't need to do anything else. You will start receiving the messages in the dashboard whenever a customer sends you one.
If you are connecting a Whatsapp channel, you have to configure a callback URL in the Twilio inbox:
- Login to your Twilio Console.
- Go to Programmable SMS > Whatsapp > Senders.
- You will be able to see your phone number. Click on it and provide https://chat.bentonow.com/twilio/callback as the value for WHEN A MESSAGE COMES IN input.
Step 7. If you want to update the agents who have access to the inbox, you can go to Settings > Inboxes.